Links & Resources
- Yaesu - Amateur radio division of Vertex Standard.
- Icom - Icom America Inc. home page
- N8GRY's Webpage - Mirror site for downloading my software for Yaesu radios.
- VX-7 Commander Reviews at EHAM.net - Read or post reviews for VX-7 Commander
- Dan's Yaesu Modification Website - A wealth of mods and information on the VX-7, VX-5, and VX-2. Best source of information on Yaesu HTs the net.
- Eddy's Page, JE8XQN - The official Japanese host site for the VX-7 Commander Japanese Direct Input version.
- Heian Software Engineering (Summary In English) - The website of Hiroto Fukui, JF3RFY. Contains detailed technical details on the VX-7, including clone protocol, clone data memory map, and a great MAX232-based TTL to RS232 interface design. He also has written his own VX-7 programming software, for PC-9801 computers. Big thanks to Hiroto for his hard work, and for publishing his site, which helped to make VX-7 Commander possible.
- Heian Software Engineering (Japanese) The main website. Babelfish translation link (Just click Translate.)
- VX7_COM - Japanese VX-7 programming software v0.28 by KAO/NAKAO. Written in Delphi 6.
- ED (W4ETG, formerly KF4FDT) VX-5 EVE Homepage - VX-5 Programming software, information, and clone data memory map. Big thanks to ED for his pioneering work, and for publishing the information that helped make VX-5 Commander possible.
- Blakkekatte's Icom Receiver Page - LOTS of information on the Icom IC-R2, and the Icom Clone protocol in general. Available is an original PDF document on How Icom Cloning Works, the Icom CI-V Clone Protocol reference manual, some VB6 example programs with source code, some OPC-478 style interface schematics, and a lot of other information and links. Big thanks to Blakkekatte for publishing the information to help make IC-R2 Commander possible.
- Bob Parnass AJ9S Website - Bob has written programming software for a variety of radios (including the IC-R2 and VR-120). His software is written in Tool Command Language, so it will work under Windows as well as some non-Windows OS such as MacOS X and Linux. I support his .tr2 files in IC-R2 Commander, and his .tk1 and csv formats in VR-120 Commander.
- Bob Freeth G4HFQ Website - Homepage of FTBasic and Polar Plot. He has also written programming software for the FT-8800 and FT-8900, which support importing native VX-7 Commander CSV files.
- Les Butler's Website (W8MSP) - The definitive source for Michigan Trunked Radio Information.
- Southeast Michigan Scanner Page - Run by Gary Bouwkamp, N8HMP. The definitive source for scanner frequencies for southeast Michigan.
- Yahoo Groups: YaesuVX7
- Yahoo Groups: YaesuVX-7
- Yahoo Groups: VX-7R
- Yahoo Groups: VX-2R
- Yahoo Groups: YAESUVX5
- Yahoo Groups: icomr2
- Yahoo Groups: YAESUVR120
- Yahoo Groups: YaesuVR-120